|Job Title:||Head Of Projects|
A Head of Projects is required on a permanent basis for a privately-owned telecommunications company to head up their expanding project team and take responsibility for ensuring the successful delivery of their high-profile project portfolio.
Reporting to the COO, you will utilise your excellent project management skills and experience to successfully deliver multi £m, full lifecycle telecoms-based projects.
Strong communication skills are essential and previous experience of engaging with local authorities/councils would be advantageous. You will be expected to head up the project teams, ensuring projects are to budget and timescales, and further develop the organisations project management capability. As such a demonstrable track record of working within a recognised formal PPM methodology is required.
As a family run business that has been operating for over 10 years, you will be offered a competitive salary, performance bonus, car (or car allowance), laptop, phone, pension and a great environment to work in.
• Managing the strategic aspect of large projects and mitigating any risks
• Recruiting and managing the project teams with project managers reporting directly to you
• Ensuring all projects are to budget and timescales and managing associated KPI and reporting
• Responsible for the escalation of issues and managing change control
• Identifying and implementing “best practice” methodologies and standards across project teams
• Helping to create forecasting and providing input to bid responses for future projects
• Developing, implementing, and maintaining sound business practices
• Working with other areas of the business to ensure smooth running of projects, communication and technological advances
• Interfacing as required with senior level customer project representatives
• Manage at a senior level, relationships, contracts and performance of 3rd party project contractors
• Be the COO’s direct report on all project related activities and reporting
• Demonstrable project management experience, ideally within telecommunication or microwave technology environments.
• Demonstrable experience managing multi £m projects
• Risk Management
• Leadership skills but also a great team player with an ability to hit the ground running
• Good interpersonal skills and gravitas
• Resource Management
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Formal PPM accreditation desirable
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.