We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager. This specific role will be to work within our Operations Department. The role of the Health and Safety Manager is to ensure that all works are planned and implemented within the company’s policies and guide lines for employee safety at work.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Assist Operations Department to undertake all risk assessments, including production of detailed RAM’s and implement solutions on issues identified.
• Schedule RAMs production to align with the Delivery Program.
• Work closely with the H&S function within the Business to ensure that the latest templates and checklists are used.
• Maintain accurate records of assessments and actions.
• Co-ordinate with relevant managers, the implementation of relevant action plans.
• Assist with conducting Accidents and near miss investigations and implementing corrective actions.
• Liaison with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Trading Standards when required.
• Monitor the usage of the “Stay Safe App”, flag any issues relating to its use and/or incidents that occur.
• Ensure all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations.
• Completion of reports on accidents and violations and determine causes Liaising with, representatives, employees and other stakeholders to assist in identifying, developing and implementing continuous improvements of EHS standards.
• Maintain the Incident / Action Management system carrying out regular inspections and self-assessment/audit activities to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
• Help maintain a register of first aiders and ensure that training is carried out as required.
• Maintain contractor pre-qualification databases and ensuring records are kept up to date.
• Conduct promotional activities to support the EHS teams’ objectives.
Background & Profile
significant Health and Safety experience in the Telecoms Industry.
Flexible approach to work, while always managing your own workload
You’re able to effectively lead and manage.
Excellent communication and influencing skills
You’re a chartered member of an industry body such as IOSH (CMIOSH)
You’re comfortable in communicating at all levels of seniority
You possess an in-depth understanding of EU & UK Health and Safety legislation.
You hold a driving licence.