HSE Advisor – Permanent – Manchester
Line Manager: HSE Manager
Job Description in Summary: To provide support to the SBU2 Programme Director and HSSEQ Manager, with focus on ensuring ongoing compliance with related HSSEQ policies and procedures.
Specifically, this will include:
• Deputising for the HSSEQ Manager as and when required.
• Provision of assistance and support to members of Project Delivery teams, as required.
• Assist with the preparation of health and safety strategies and development of internal policy
• Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards
• Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks can be reduced.
• Carryout internal audits to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
• Carryout site inspection audits as delegated, produce reports identifying actions and improvements.
• Ensure work practices are safe and comply with legislation.
• Complete office-based assessments (Fire Risk Assessment / Risk Assessments / DSE etc).
• Co-ordinate and lead HSSEQ in house training for managers and employees as required.
• Recording of accident/incident/near miss investigation, the production of report and associated actions and improvements.
• Provision of HSSEQ statistics to meet management / company objective requirements.
• Production of management reports, newsletters and bulletins
• Complete HSSEQ audits as applicable to ensure the company Integrated Management System (IMS) is fully compliant with ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and 45001 standards.
• Carry out the tracking of internal HSSEQ audit related corrective actions through to completion including root cause analysis and management of related communications.
• Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, asbestos etc
• Completion of Supplier management system audits and the production of reports
• Attendance at internal/external meetings/seminars as designated to represent the 3UK Densification / Streetworks Project, as required.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety and Environmental legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
• Maintain a Continual Professional Development portfolio.
• Any other related duties that the company may reasonably determine from time to time.
Skills (E = Essential) (D = Desirable)
• NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (E)
• 3 years of previous experience within a similar role (E)
• HSSEQ audit experience (9001/14001/27001/45001), as auditor/lead auditor (D)
• Highly motivated (E)
• Highly organised (E)
• High degree of computer literacy (E)
• Excellent communication skills (E)
• Full driving license (E)