The SHEQ Advisor is to assist in issues relating to the safety, health environment, and quality of our network delivery operations. The role will be a key player within the compliance team working alongside the business embedding standards and maintaining reasonable assurance of our contractors. The role will provide subject matter expertise and regulatory advice to our front line supervisors and project managers.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• In conjunction with Field Services and FTTP project managers, to complete site audits and ensure records maintained
• To support the assurance program conducting site audits of Sub Contractors,
• To implement SHEQ Communication for all sites, to include written information, toolbox talks and management briefs.
• To support the Field Services and FTTP project managers with advice and work with our supply chain to develop and monitor improvement plans where required.
• Advise personnel in office and on site of health, safety, quality and environmental matters.
• Assist in the completion of duties as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
• Assist in company preparations for annual H&S, Environmental and Quality Assurance audits as required.
• To assist and work towards maintaining industry accreditations and sector awards
• Provide support and expertise to management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
• Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and support where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
• Report regular MI and escalate concerns to Head of Compliance
• Assists with tender/submission documentation
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience in Telecommunications and/or Utility associated construction industry
• Risk assessment management, method statement review
• Site inspections and investigations’, company preparation for audits
• Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards.
• Understanding of CDM regulations and application during differing stages of construction
• Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
• Excellent report writing and document management experience skills
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Experience in information provision to tender and submission process
• Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
• Able to demonstrate Results Delivery.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Embracing and Driving Change.
• Planning and organising skills.
• The ability to interact with people at all levels
• Team Player
• Flexibility to travel throughout the region
• Customer focused
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Clean driving licence
• UK Passport