|Job Title:||HSEQ Manager|
To provide the management support, advice and information necessary for the Civils & Cabling Operations Team to deliver their services in a continually improving, safe, environmentally-friendly manner with a zero-harm culture.
Be seen to add value to the Operations Team through sound advice and engagement. Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and quality in order to become a multi-skilled member of the HSEQ & Operations Team.
Main duties include accountability for the following
• Write clear, concise and readily-understood reports and documents for both internal stakeholders and our clients.
• Apply technical or specialist knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to identify areas of strength and weakness.
• Support the Operations Team with the completion of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase plans.
• Implement and maintain a strong auditing culture, backed with data and regular reviews.
• Help the Operations Teams to identify the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
• A strong understanding of sub-contractor management.
• Highlight areas of strength and best practice so that other teams may adopt and benefit from them.
• Assist and support Projects to improve HSEQ performance.
• Undertake investigations of incidents and participate in complex investigations, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
• Ownership of training for management & operatives, ensuring compliance.
• Keep abreast of legislation, developments and best practices within their areas of expertise.
• Write briefings on HSEQ topics and procedures to enable the information to be cascaded further.
• Take ownership of procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices and legal and other requirements.
Technical knowledge, backed by experience, in one or more of the following topics:
• Health & Safety Management, including CDM.
• Environment & Sustainability.
• Quality & Assurance management systems.
• Good oral, written and presentation skills, suitable for clients, sub-contractors & our workforce.
• An understanding of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes conflicting priorities of the management team.
• The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met.
• The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
• The ability to work within a team and influence others.
• Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause.
• Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001 & ISO14001.
• Promote and demonstrate a consistently high HSEQ ethic.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
• Relevant degree, Dip NEBOSH, Grad IOSH or suitable experience.
• Qualification and membership of a professional institution (IOSH, IEMA, CQI or similar).
• NRSWA & CSCS at senior levels.
• A full and current driving licence.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Technical knowledge, backed by some experience, in one or more of the following fields:
• Civils Engineering (essential)
• Fibre Splicing (desirable)
• Heavy cable industry (desirable)
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.