|Job Title:||HSEQ Manager|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000 Per Annum|
Telecoms Health and Safety Manager
The role will require the job holder to develop, monitor and advise the business on all aspects with regard to Health and Safety. The Health and Safety Manager will need to ensure that all members of staff comply with health and safety legislative requirements and internal policies and procedures.
The job holder is required to develop, maintain, implement and monitor policies and procedures that create and maintain safe working practices and places for all members of staff.
Reporting directly to the MD, the Health and Safety Manager will be required to ensure our client complies with its statutory obligations. Through the Board they will be required to prepare and enforce policies and procedures that establish and maintain a positive organisational Health and Safety culture.
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health and safety.
• Ensure that all Health and Safety policies, practices, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Ensure the Company meeting its statutory obligations in all areas relating to health, safety and welfare at work including mandatory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion of and regular review of risk assessments for all work undertaken
• Ensure that all accidents are investigated; documented and recommended improvements are implemented
• Undertake tests for drugs and alcohol misuse are undertaken if possible cause is identified.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working practices are managed and that staff are aware of their responsibilities
• Ensure that full and accurate health, safety and training records are maintained.
• Ensure a full programme of documented health and safety inspections, audits and checks.
• Ensure a structured programme of mandatory health and safety training is maintained throughout the company.
• Coordinate audit reporting, accident monitoring, learning from investigations and near-miss reports in conjunction with QUENSH Supervisors.
• Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and distribute minutes for the Health and Safety (Ambassadors) meetings
• Liaise with suppliers (including contractors) to ensure effective and compliant on-boarding and maintenance of appropriate health and safety standards
• Liaise with functional experts with in the Group and appropriate external bodies to ensure current and best practice sharing and learning
• Submit monthly Board Reports on relevant health and safety matters
• Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health and safety matters
Skills & Attributes
• NEBOSH qualified – Diploma preferred
• Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
• NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
• COSHH trained
• 5 years recent experience of managing and working in a similar role
• 3 years working in a telecoms environment desirable
• Planning and organisation skills with a disciplined approach
• Experience of handling H&S investigations
• Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
• Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• The ability to communicate clearly and confidently, face to face, over the phone and through written media
• Disciplined Work Approach – able to work independently and part of the wider organisational team
• IT Proficient especially skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages and Outlook
• Due to the role covering health and safety for multiple sites the job holder must a current valid driving licence
The position will report directly the MD and there are no direct reports reporting to the positon. Administration support to be provided through the HR team.
Contract Hours & Remuneration
Dependent upon skills and experiences + company car and standard company benefits:
– 25 days leave + Bank and Public Holidays
– Pension Arrangements
– Sick Leave
– Life Assurance
– Income Protection Policies
The successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to work; the hours of work are 37.5 hours per week 8:30am-5pm
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.