Role: I.T Systems Administrator
Contract: Maternity cover (9 months)
Hours: 37.5, Monday – Friday
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (pro-rata)
To provide a first class service to operators, customers and suppliers using or interfacing with operating systems in the areas of solution design, application development, education, documentation, user support, maintenance and problem resolution.
• Assist and support users in the use of the FVL information systems.
• Provide end users with support in using various FVL software at the time of its deployment and on an ongoing basis to contribute to the resolution of difficulties encountered.
• Contribute to the identification of problems through an analysis of recurring and serious incidents.
• Answer user requests and questions, documenting and distributing useful information.
• Resolve or report incidents that require resolution to optimize system performance.
• Verify the outcome of a proposed solution and the customer’s satisfaction as a result.
• Contribute to the support function knowledge database by recording events, creating and sharing documentation in an accessible location.
• Manage user access rights to servers and applications in line with the required profile.
• Based on business needs, undertake studies to explore the Optimisation of current systems to provide solutions and produce gap analysis to give framework for development requests.
• Design, develop and create application products in line with established standards.
• Guarantee the development, promotion and compliance of software development standards.
• Implement software packages.
• Verify the system’s performance before and after deployment.
• Manage the implementation of the solution including deployment, updates and deactivation.
• Manage non-production environments.
• Produce documents that describe the product, services, components and application to comply with documentary needs.
• Produce clear user and support guides for all FVL software and applications to assist users in routine tasks and provide.
• Ad-hoc duties as and when required from time to time by your line manager.