SC Information Risk Manager – 12 Month Contract – London – Competitive Market Rates
Information Risk Manager for a central Government Organization to help mature the information risk business function and for resources with specialist skills to develop the practice within this area and to undertake knowledge transfer to help upskill members of the team.
Lead the development and/or work to assure compliance with information management risk policies, strategies and procedures aligned with the current risk management best practice as it applies to information management. To assure a consistent approach to the management of risk throughout the business.
Promote assurance, compliance and risk management at all levels of the organisation and provide advice and guidance enabling officers to engage and comply with these processes.
• Provide advice and guidance to officers at all levels regarding risk management and related matters to enable them to effectively and consistently identify and evaluate risk and support managers in their development of risk registers.
• Maintain organisational oversight of delivery against compliance and audit recommendations, ensuring these are reflected in risk registers as appropriate.
• Prepare and present reports for the Senior Information Risk Owner, internal Groups, Boards, Committees and other stakeholders (as appropriate), and contribute to the development of the Agency’s Audit Plan and Governance Statement.
• Influence compliance activity by recommending areas for scrutiny to the Compliance Working Group, ensuring these recommendations complement other assurance activity.
• Manage the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information and develop policy, reports, and procedures and manage data systems across business areas (as required).
• Develop and build internal and external partner relations working collaboratively to foster good relations.
• Understanding of information management and the Agency’s current and future priorities.
• Understanding of the types of legislation affecting Agency activity.
• Knowledge of risk management principles in an organisation-wide context.
• In-depth understanding of the key aspects of a risk management strategy and framework and how these are applied in practice.
• Risk management.
• Proven interpersonal skills/customer service skills.
• Planning and organisational skills.
• Information technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Drafting/report writing skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Proven experience of supervision or first line management.
• Experienced in effective decision making.
• Experience of analysing information from a range of sources.
• Experience of risk management within either public or private sector.