|Job Title:||Infrastructure Solution Architect|
|Salary:||£550 - £650 Per Day|
• Reports to the Principle Infrastructure Architect, acting as the Technical Design Authority for project delivery and BAU;
• Uses appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively;
• Designs infrastructure solutions as part of project deliveries which align to the infrastructure strategy;
• Carry out the detailed design for areas of own expertise and contributes to overall design and integration of wider solutions;
• Provides guidance to the various technical teams during the project delivery life cycle and into BAU;
• Understands and can articulate clearly architecturally significant decisions and present to relevant stakeholders for approval;
• Ensure designs are aligned with the enterprise architecture principles;
We are undertaking several strategic initiatives across multiple business units which include the replacement or reengineering of a large part of its existing business (BSS) operational support system (OSS) and underlying technology infrastructure estate. The successful candidate will have a pivotal role in the IT Architecture team.
The role is mostly hands-on. The solution architect should ensure that every major project takes us closer to its overall business and technology goals and is underpinned by well thought-through, flexible and pragmatic solution architectures rather than being designed in isolation. The solution architect will be accountable for producing solution architecture and designs and seeking their approval by presenting at the weekly IT Design Authority Board, ensuring joined-up thinking across technical peers and business stakeholders.
Technical/functional knowledge and experience required:
• Comprehensive and proven technology infrastructure / architecture experience. Including converged, hyper converged and traditional systems. Private and public cloud server virtualisation IaaS PaaS Hyper-v, AWS, Azure, VMware, SDN platforms VMWare NSX and Cisco ACI
• Broad understanding of physical, data, network and transport technology layers
• Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles with recognised expertise in one or more areas of relevant technologies
• Proven ability to identify and mitigate operational risks and constraints
• Demonstrate you understand current and emerging technology trends, research market opportunities and keep yourself and peers up to date with engineering practises
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to explain complex problems in a simple and effective manner
• Experience of leading or participating in cross-functional technical design authorities
Nice to Have:
• TOGAF or similar certification
• Experience of using TMFORUM FrameworX eTOM, TAM and SID models
• Encourage reuse where possible, ensure solutions conform to the technology strategy and avoid the creation of new legacy systems.
• To analyse and solve unique, complex and high impact problems
• Apply quality assurance processes to ensure that end-to-end technical designs meet technical requirements and standards
• Identify and control technical risks and issues
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.