|Job Title:||Installation & Maintenance Engineer|
Our client is looking for an Installation & Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Birmingham and Manchester. The ideal candidate will be able to Install and maintain telephone systems for our customers whilst delivering a professional service.
• Attend site in accordance with the work schedule provided by the Technical Director ensuring that you arrive on site at the correct time
• Install the telephone system, undertaking cable runs and overcoming building/logistic issues as they arise
• Commission/programme the equipment ensuring it is fully functional and ensure that no faults exist before they leave the site
• Tidy the site after installations work has been carried out ensuring that the site is left at least as clean and tidy as it was found upon arrival
• Undertake appropriate training with the customer and staff ensuring that it meets their specification
• Check that the telephone survey gathers the correct information to ensure that the system will meet with the customer’s needs. Reporting any discrepancies to the Technical Director
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork including the COA is signed before leaving the site and that this paperwork is sent or returned to the office that day
• Liaise with BT on site and undertake ISDN line swaps as required
• Supporting the work of the Technical team by undertaking maintenance visits as required
• Identify opportunity for up selling and either close the sale or refer the opportunity to a Sales Executive
Competencies & Experience required:
• Be able to demonstrate telecommunications and IP technical knowledge to a high standard
• Knowledge of Siemens/Unify systems is essential.
• Possess IT skills and have a working knowledge of Windows-based packages and other databases
• Excellent customer service skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Must be able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
• Must be able to adapt to change
• Hold a UK driving license
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.