• Define the project scope, goals and deliverables and produce the Project Initiation Document
• Define the tasks and resources required to deliver the project and produce a comprehensive project plan establishing project timelines, dependencies and critical paths
• Identify and assign the project team members, both direct and virtual, required to deliver the project, agree allocation of activities and manage delivery throughout the project lifecycle
• Manage the project budget allocated
• Identify 3rd party suppliers and ensure their standards of delivery, product specification and documentation are aligned to project requirements
• Manage customer relationships and interactions across the project, providing regular progress reports and responding to customer feedback
• Track progress against project deliverables and report progress to all stakeholders
• Use defined processes to manage changes to project scope, risks, issues and overall project governance
• Deliver an effective project handover to the customer, ensuring capability to maintain agreed standards of performance
• Evaluate each project against its scope and objectives and produce a Project Closure Report.
A leading communications infrastructure and media services company operating at the heart of the broadcast, satellite and mobile communications markets. We provided the transmission capability for the UK Government’s first budget broadcast in 1928. We were also behind the first satellite TV tests in 1978. Other ‘firsts’ include the world’s first digital terrestrial TV launch in 1998 and the world’s first outsourced mobile phone network in 2001.
The company is at the forefront of network solutions and services in the digital world.
Provides much of the infrastructure behind television, radio, satellite and wireless communications in the UK and has a significant presence in Ireland, mainland Europe and the USA.
• This role sits within the Strategy, Planning and Delivery department in IT and plays a key part in the Delivery function as part of IT’s project and programme management across several Portfolios.
Key areas include:
• Managing change to internal IT systems.
• Managing Demand through the end to end lifecycle of the project from concept, through definition and design, build and test followed by ensuring there is a smooth transition into the Service Management team.
• Managing several projects concurrently.
• Management of multiple third-party suppliers as well as internal technical teams.
• Accountability for delivering the project against a project budget and to agreed timelines
• Stakeholder Management at Senior IT and Leadership level.
Professional or academic qualifications:
Recognised Project Management Accreditation e.g. APM or PRINCE Practitioner
Proven track record of project delivery of IT from Concept to Close
Experienced in financial control of project budgets
Detailed project planning knowledge
Experienced in matrix management of a project team, including third parties
Strong stakeholder management skills
Technical/functional knowledge and experience required:
Understanding of ERP, Workplace and Service Management IT Applications.
Excellent understanding of delivering Infrastructure solutions, both in house and in the cloud.
Knowledge of delivering Networks changes to support IT implementations
Knowledge of delivering by both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
Delivering bespoke and ‘out of the box’ solutions
Working knowledge of eTOM, ITIL
Delivering through third parties, including experience of associated procurement and commercial aspects
Delivering Business Change