|Job Title:||IT Systems Administrator|
IT Systems Administrator – Contract – Manchester – £175 Per Day
Our client is a multi £billion turnover company specialising in building solutions, security and fire detection. You’ll be ensuring that their technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficient.
You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
• Action, update and resolve logged support incidents in line with SLA commitments.
• Undertake IT equipment IMACs (Installations / Moves / Adds / Changes)
• Deploy approved system changes
• Undertake any appropriate system housekeeping activities
• Produce and update a wide variety of support documentation
• Produce regular reports
• Undertake small projects when required
• Undertake product testing
Essential Skills & Experience (Technical)
• At least 3 years problem solving experience in either a field or desk side environment
• Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows XP / Windows 7) and associated technologies.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (2008 onwards)
• In-depth knowledge of desk top, laptop and peripheral hardware configurations
• Excellent hardware fault diagnosis skills
• Good working knowledge of deployment technologies and products (e.g. SCCM / Ghost / Altiris / True Image).
• Broad knowledge of networking technologies (e.g. wireless / VPN) and cabling systems
Essential Skills & Experience (Non-Technical)
• Excellent communicator able to articulate issues and solutions to customers, 3rd parties and colleagues, both written and verbally
• Able to take responsibility for tasks and see them through to satisfactory conclusion, even when this requires support from other people / teams
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Ability to work with 3rd parties
• Commitment to delivering quality services
• Ability to prioritise / reprioritise effectively against changing commitments
• Understanding of when issues should be escalated
• Able to work to agreed standards and practices
• Must hold a current UK Driving Licence
• Be willing to travel on an occassional basis with possibly some overnight stays.
• Capable of working on own and within a team environment
Desirable Skills / Experience / Qualification
• Knowledge of Change Management processes
• Microsoft certifications (MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCTS)
• ITIL or PRINCE 2 qualifications
• Scripting skills (Kix / VB / Powershell / etc)
• Experience with VMware or Citrix products
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.