Junior GIS Specialist – London – Permanent – £20,000 – £35,000 DOE
Junior GIS Specialist – Recent graduate or 1-3 years industry GIS experience
The Junior Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will be responsible for performing geo marketing analysis for new build infrastructures, evaluating the commercial potential of existing sites and supporting the evaluation of portfolios considered for acquisition.
The role will suit someone curious about new technologies in the world of GIS and telecoms, with a lot of passion for cartography and highly focused on delivering a good product.
• Ability to work in a team
• Responsible for self-learning and development
• Ensure cohesive working with their functional area
• Accountable for meeting and prioritising own targets/deadlines
• Provide information to Manager on work accomplishments, individual/team challenges
• Actively participate in team meetings and contribute on specialist/technical areas when required
• Review and report on functional performance to the manager.
• Maintenance of the geo web application
• Produce maps and formatted excel to distribute results
• Liaise with internal customers for feedback and trigger innovation
• Support internal training and awareness on GIS potential
• Collect, create and store information relevant to projects
• Cartographic production and dataset maintenance for functional usage, which includes data cleansing and quality control
• Liaise with the GIS Specialist to provide support in developing new models, ensuring data is up-to-date, the uptime of the system and the production of outputs are concluded in a timely manner
• Maintain relations with data providers and potential partners such as government bodies, NGOs and satellite imagery providers
Key Performance Indicators
• Value created by optimising business projects
• Value created from improving processes
• Value created and cost-effectiveness achieved by process optimisation, new initiatives and improved operations, ways of work, etc.
• Value created from improved stakeholder engagements.
• Value created through demonstrating the Helios Towers’ values and sustaining an engaged workforce.
Competencies and Knowledge
• GIS based analysis
• Data analysis
• Statistical analysis
• Digital Integration
• Research orientation
• Data collection
• Data management
• Handle at least 2 mainstream GIS software (ESRI, QGIS, MapInfo, Global mapper or ERDAS)
• Geo-server management and settings
• Human geography concepts (demography, economy)
• Geophysics and telecom science concepts
• Minimum of 3-year University Degree (from a Science, Geography or Math degree)
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in GIS based analysis either through an academic or work-related project
• ESRI certificate
My client is a market-leading telecom tower infrastructure company which enables mobile operators to roll out and enhance coverage in high-growth markets. HT currently operates in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ghana, Republic of Congo, and South Africa