Role: Key Account Coordinator
Contract: Long-term Temp
Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday – Friday
Pay: £12 per hour
– Organisation of transport to effectively meet customers’ requirements whilst optimising profitability and continually maintaining and improving operational standards.
– Provide an excellent level of communication, continuous improvement and customer service to our Key Account customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
– Efficient operational organisation based on specific customer requirements – UK & European – Full / Part load / Groupage
– Professional collection and analysis of client needs – understand, analyse and record clearly, all the necessary criteria and requirements of the client and provide advice and recommendation on possible solutions and or problems.
– Respond to customer enquiries, claims and requests using the most appropriate communication method.
– Tailors language and behaviour to different correspondents whilst reflecting company values in your conduct
– Creation of a transport file – ensuring all correct documentation is created for the transport operation and collate all correct information in order to build a file from customer / supplier. Ensure files are updated and recorded accurately
– Organisation of merchandise transport – defines and estimates implementation resources necessary for transport requirements. Anticipate and prevent potential problems, assess the impact of flow variations on the organisation of deliveries, searches for possible part loads in order to fill vehicle where possible
– Organisation and monitoring suppliers and service providers – Analyses and compares service purchasing proposals and selects suppliers or service providers best capable or meeting defined criteria (price, quality, delivery).
– Negotiates transport services with suppliers within a pre-established framework. Makes purchases taking market fluctuations into account.
– Identify and evaluate the implications of transport solutions in terms of potential gains (profitability, productivity, savings etc).
– Monitoring of shipments, advising customers of any delays or problems
– Proactively seeking suitable contingency arrangements to avoid known problems/potential delays. Adapts a transport operation according to unforeseen events, informing internal and external parties effected by any delays / problems.
– Seek opportunities from new & existing clients
– Maintain and improve profitability through effective purchase negotiation and routing optimisation
– Processing Sales and Costs through INES
– Actively source new suppliers and research alternative route/co-load opportunities
– Keeps self up to date within own area of expertise.
– Enforcement of legislation – enforces the current rules and regulations in his area of activity
– Maintain supplier records
– Produce transport documentation
– File and archive documents
– Work within 5S guidelines to maintain and improve efficiency
– Providing quotations to customers (internal and external) and Commercial Team
– Data entry logging of all quotations made
– Produce and record required KPI’s
– Follow and comply with all quality processes.
– Ad-hoc duties as and when required from time to time by your line manager.