|Job Title:||M25 Technician|
|Location:||Hertfordshire, Essex & Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£24,000 per annum + Van|
This role will require out of hours call out and night work. This is also a field based role so you must have a valid UK licence.
You will have exposure to working with the following equipment: CCTV, SVD, HAWIS, ERTs, HADECs, RCC Equipment, Matrix signs, Message Signs.
Who are we?
Helping to keep traffic moving we have been delivering intelligent traffic solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years. Transport for London, Highways England and many local authorities use our services for monitoring and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all keeping road users safe.
Our engineers are approved to work in some of the most challenging environments including in safety-critical, security sensitive and often live-traffic situations.
What will you be responsible for?
The RTMC Technician will work in conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager to develop and improve all Technology Performance across the M25 RTMC Contract that enables activity and quality indicators to be monitored accurately.
• To cover fault rectification and maintenance on technology assets on the M25, along with providing local Contract and Network support of the RTMC M25 North Team
• Taking a responsible role for all proactive, reactive and planned maintenance within the network area.
• Liaises daily with the Lead engineer to allocate inspections and maintenance schedules.
• Reports to the Service Delivery Manager or nominated deputy as required appraising of progress and fault status.
• Adjustment of work allocations in response to emergency incidents, to ensure both emergency response times and maintenance obligations are met.
• Assists in the development of all maintenance programmes within the network.
• Proactively undertakes client and customer liaison, and deals with service partners, supply chain and other stakeholders as directed.
• Carries out call out when required and flexible shift working patterns as required.
What experience are we looking for?
• Understanding of Regional Control Centre systems including HATMS, COBS and its subsystems, display equipment, CCTV, digital storage devices and motorway communications.
• Demonstrating a high degree of fault competence, including the co-ordination of maintenance teams and liaison with third-party resources.
• Knowledge of digital and analogue transmission systems for data, voice, and video, especially in Transport applications.
• HERS Sector 8 training relevant to service operative
• ONC or B/TEC Ordinary National Certificate in Electronic engineering or equivalent.
• Experience of working in a position of responsibility on Motorway Communications or a closely related system with a minimum of 3 years demonstrable relevant experience.
• This is a field-based role – we are looking for Engineers to cover Essex and Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.