Maintenance Engineer – Salisbury / Wembley Permanent – £40,000 + benefits
To provide a high-quality maintenance service to support the cleaning and inspection, assembly and packing of sterile equipment to the hospital and community settings.
• To ensure that all plant and machines are maintained and repaired to enable the
provision of the service.
• To oversee the work of all contract and service engineers.
• To perform the weekly tests as required to maintain sterilisers/washers in accordance with CfPP.
• To inform the National Maintenance Manager of any changes in machine cycle profile and any resulting maintenance.
• To ensure all machinery is serviced before the commencement of quarterly and
• To facilitate the scheduling of yearly validation of plant equipment.
• To ensure that all machinery and equipment meet the requirements of the Medical
• To maintain all validation/calibration certification required for MDD registration.
• To maintain spare parts and tools store and advise the National Maintenance
Manager on stock level replenishment.
• To carry out any other PPM weekly maintenance/inspection as scheduled as detailed
in the plant maintenance schedule supporting the quality management system.
• To participate in an on-call rota.
• There may be a requirement to travel to other sites and locations within the Group.
• To participate as an integral member of the sterile processing team and actively
contributing to suggestions of innovation continuous improvement and best practice.
• To actively participate in staff development and training initiatives.
• To actively participate in the Synergy Health Performance Management System.
• To undertake any other duties or tasks as reasonably required.
• To adhere to the Company Manual Handling policy and procedure to move heavy
weights manually. Use of trolleys on a regular basis to transport spare parts and tools.
• There is a frequent requirement to work in restricted and confined spaces.
• To be able to maintain concentration where the work pattern is predictable for
example, maintaining high standards of accuracy when checking and carrying