|Job Title:||Manufacturing Engineer – Automotive|
|Salary:||up to £35 per hour|
Job title: Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Type: Long Term Contract
Location: West Midlands
Salary/Rate: up to £35 per hour dep. on experience
My client is an automotive supplier specialising in niche vehicle programmes and low volume manufacture who are enjoying new contract wins and major investment. They are now seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
Main Purpose of the Role
Develop ideas for new products, technologies, components, processes and the systems used to make them. Work to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products. Provide support to the new-business and vehicle-launch team and work to ensure that all aspects of design are created to fully meet the high specifications set. They are responsible for ensuring the success of the design from inception through to delivery into manufacture, using innovative engineering skills to ensure seamless integration. This is a very hands on position, demanding high levels of creativity and flexibility. Lead Manufacturing Engineers work on many phases or sub-tasks of large projects or entire projects of moderate complexity. This role requires planning projects or sub-tasks so they may be tracked and presented. Results impact project/programme completion.
Key Tasks – Roles & Responsibilities
• Analyse the Engineering and Project input in order to interrogate it, reach an agreement and integrate it formally in a Design For Manufacture solution (DFM).
• Analyses the design proposals and the technical information in order to identify the issues arising during product development, defining and implementing adequate solutions to reach a feasible proposal with a high form and aesthetic quality.
• Analyse and manage multiple design related issues to identify root cause.
• Make design changes on existing products.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
• Quality control of work by appropriate reviews.
• Support process improvement and problem solving activities.
• Chair meetings to review design and build issues and report out weekly status.
• Lead and/or support technicians and manufacturing engineers.
• Train people within own work group in good practice manufacturing engineering.
• Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
• An understanding of BIW manufacturing processes & construction methods.
• Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement & problem solving) process improvement & Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques.
• A knowledge of the qualities of metals & other materials.
• Ability to design processes & layouts.
• Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Packages and able to use Catia V5.
• Consistently demonstrates high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity & creativity.
• Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods & interpreting goals.
• Understanding of engineering theory & principles of design & manufacture.
• Excellent analytical ability, communication & interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members & customers to solve problems & resolve issues.
• Ability to manage multiple & significantly complex projects & assignments with high level of autonomy & accountability for results.
• Ability to plan & organise through several project stages.
• An appreciation of wider business demands.
• Able to give effective presentations, write proposals & reports.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, providing input & feedback in a helpful manner.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.