|Job Title:||Network Architect – Architecture & Engineering|
|Salary:||£75,000 - £120,000|
Accountable for the development of strategy, roadmap and execution plan for the delivery of new services and continuous improvement of the existing portfolio. This role will cover many of the following areas of expertise:
• Architecture – Define active network strategy including operational and commercial models required to implement solution. This includes Whitepapers, Roadmaps, High-Level Design, Product Specifications, RFI and RFP proposals and commercial contracts
• Design & Deliver – Set the standards for system configuration, installation, and operation to ensure a solution is implementable
• Operate Monitor – Define a solution that maximises network performance by creating and implementing framework for monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, including the implementation of computational mathematics and data analytics to deliver superior operational experience and efficiency
• Operate Management – Define & implement the operational framework for the management of the underlying resources of the solution
• Operate Fix – In support of the Network Operations group, act as a Subject Matter Expert for the solution specification
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• To investigate and communicate market and technology trends to internal stakeholders
• To work with product teams on the commercial strategy, and business cases for product development
• To be an external advocate and engage and influence professional bodies in support of our product strategy
• To conduct architecture design, feasibility & cost studies
• To select and rollout innovative solutions into a full production environment
• To incrementally improve network monitoring and operational excellence
• To manage key vendor relationships on a strategic basis
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills, with all organisational levels.
• Clear commercial & strategy accountability in other roles.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently as well as within a team.
• Well-developed troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
• Broad Vendor management experience.
• Business case & financial modelling experience.
• Excellent understanding of fundamentals of networking from layer 1 to 4, underpinned by industry experience.
• Experience of alternate operating and process methodologies, and history of implementing change programs within multiple companies, operating at scale.
• Strong Computational Mathematical skills.
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Computational Programming Experience, e.g. Matlab, Octave.
• Programming in one or more of Python, Perl, Rest, and shell.
• Network monitoring systems experience including OSS and BSS integrations.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.