NOC Engineer – Permanent – West Midlands – 24×7 Shift Pattern
To install, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot our client’s customer and core network, as well as services such as routers, circuits, firewalls, servers etc.
• Participate in a 24×7 shift pattern, including working overnight.
• Establishing networking environment by carrying out system configuration and system installation while defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
• Participate in the design and implementation of new solutions for our client, resellers and customer and improving resilience of the current environment.
• Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network specialists on network optimisation.
• Ensure that all events for installation, maintenance or faults are logged into the ticketing system with all needed information (description, time frame, impact, resolution/ correction steps etc).
• Ensure outstanding troubleshooting during faults on the core network or for customer escalated issues. Ensure solution in a timely manner and with overtime if necessary.
• Ensure that all installation, maintenance and fault-finding activities are conducted in accordance with good Health and Safety practices and ensure that all appropriate risk assessments are in place prior to any work being undertaken.
• Upgrading data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases.
• Configuration of routing and switching equipment.
• Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
• Attending site for installation or troubleshooting when needed.
• Cisco IOS
• IP and associated routing protocols
• 1st/2nd Line Network Support
• Experience in Data Centre environments
• Previous experience working 24/7 shift patterns, including overnight shifts