NRSWA Inspector – Peterborough – Contract – Competitive market rates – Immediate start
The NRSWA Inspector inspect and report all NRSWA defects within the highway on, ensuring compliance with the NRSWA and enabling the County Council to hold a key fibre provider to account for their work on the highway network. The role is site based to travel sites around the Peterborough area.
• To undertake highway condition safety inspections, identifying defects in accordance with stated guidelines and organising appropriate remedial works, recording information collected and action taken.
• Make an experienced, subjective assessment of the condition of each street for input into the assessment system for planned reconstruction works.
• Identify defects in any street furniture and road markings and to inform the appropriate person or organisation for further action.
• Inspect Statutory Undertakers’ works in accordance with the provisions of the New Roads and Street Act 1991, the Highways Act 1980, and other statute. To initiate and serve defect notices as required and to justify and argue for remedial works for those responsible for the defect.
• Maintain all necessary records in relation to the New Roads and Streets Act 1991, and any subsequent amendments.
• Liaise with Site Supervisors, Sub Contractors, Site Delivery Manager as well as Peterborough City Council.
• NRSWA accredited
• Experienced in Streetwork signage and permits.
My client are a UK leading provider of fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country.