|Job Title:||Operations/Programme Manager|
|Salary:||£55,000 to £65,000|
Primary Job Description
Our client advises the UK energy sector on issues associated with radio communications. As part of this role, out client receives plans and co-ordinates the deployment of radio networks to facilitate the monitoring and control of the energy networks. With an increasing emphasis on automation and the need to establish a much more dynamic energy supply network the market is at an exciting point in its development. In order to address the increasing demand for support from our Partners we are seeking to expand the team with the recruitment of this new role.
The principle responsibilities of the Operations / Programme Manager;
• To lead and direct a team of specialists that coordinate the energy utilities operational radio communications systems;
• Oversee the delivery of programme and project initiatives in support of our Members’ operational communication needs;
• Manage resources to support consultancy projects to various clients;
• Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and effective execution of all operational projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to ensure project success.
• Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
• Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to Management and stakeholders, as appropriate.
• Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that solutions delivered are implemented within these criteria.
• Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Where appropriate gains agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
• Provides effective leadership to ensure that the technical resources are motivated and that their skills and experience are developed. Takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances. Actively represents the operational resource, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the Members, Stakeholder community and the Business.
• As a Member of the Management Team seeks to develop a Long Term Strategic perspective for the Operational capability aligned to the Long Term objectives of our Industry Partners;
• Ensure that the organisation is focused on continuous improvement and seeking best practice;
• Preparation and Approval of operational outputs, to include reports, presentations, workshops, etc.
Main Skills and Experiences Required
• Extensive experience of effective project leadership and team management;
• Knowledgeable of communications networks and in particular network architecture;
• Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed;
• Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken;
• Familiar with performing a proof of concept or prototyping exercise to demonstrate or evaluate the feasibility and potential benefits of applying a particular technology, product or toolset to meet a business need;
• Familiar with principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation;
• Familiar with methods and techniques for reporting progress and financial conformance against an agreed plan;
• Familiar with methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. Examples: product/work breakdown structures, baselining, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution;
• Familiar with the identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver solutions that are fit for purpose;
• Familiar with statutory health and safety requirements relating to the working environment;
• Extensive experience of bid management and proposal preparation.
• The direction of projects, including the operational resource, work planning, project execution and the achievement of project and financial objectives;
• Co-ordinate industry initiatives sponsored by Member Organisations;
• The provision of analytical and business leadership and the presentation of reports and studies containing quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Develop and deliver presentations and project proposals.
• When required the provision of thought leadership with regard to the Utility sector and the ability to present that expertise to clients and public forums.
• The ability to be a team player and collaborative team builder and to lead, motivate, coach and develop a team to achieve high performance individuals, whilst creating a professional working relationship within the company.
• Excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal, and intellectual skills.
• Attention to detail, good problem-solving skills and understanding of the Utility sector.
• Proven experience of delivering complex technical projects on time and within budget.
• Detailed knowledge of the communications sector with extensive experience of developing and delivering successful communication network solutions;
• Degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant technical discipline.
• At least ten years of the leadership of projects within the communications sector;
• Experience of working within the energy utility sector would be advantageous;
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.