|Job Title:||OSS Alarm System Design Engineer|
• To be responsible for specifying and designing the Alarm Correlation rules / configurations for multi-vendor network solution
• To work with the Network design teams to determine fault scenarios and associated event details
• To work with internal / 3rd party suppliers to implement the solution
• To work with the test team in designing suitable test cases to fully exercise the solutions
• Requirements Mapping
• Design documentation, including specifications, design, configuration
• deployment and configuration of the solutions
• Technical documentation, statements of work, process maps, data models, handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations
• In depth experience of delivering and supporting OSS application solutions within a service provider type environment. Examples include:
o Manager of Manager Platforms (e.g. IBM Netcool, HPE TeMIP, Centina vSURE),
o Integration of Element Managers (e.g. Nokia SAM, JUNOS SPACE, SolarWinds),
o Integration of Asset Management or Configuration Management Databases (Such as Nokia CIRCEE, BMC Atrium)
• Experience in development, testing and implementation of correlation rules against Parent-Child alarm and fault trigger information.
• Ability to create clear and concise documentation
• Degree in information technology, computer science, or an IT related course with certification in database management
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to describe complex solution simply in a non-technical manner
• Good analytical and logical thinking skills: Able to analyse large volume of data and develop an appropriate blueprint to make the data understandable and useable. This also includes a capability to conduct analytical thinking to assist the business in selecting and implementing cost effective data solutions.
• Customer focused to ensure that business requirements and expectations are effectively managed, and incidents & problems are resolved in a timely manner
• Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
• Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
• Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
• Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
• Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.