|Job Title:||OTT Engineering Manager|
OTT Eng Manager – Permanent – £65-70k plus benefits
The role of Manager, OTT Engineering is a hands-on role managing the OTT engineering team consisting of specialist systems engineers and support engineers. Key areas of focus for this role includes stability of all non-linear services OTT streaming and VOD services, proactively developing and upgrading future infrastructure and systems, managing existing technical infrastructure and resolving issues across the whole OTT eco-system, covering both and third-party systems. The goal is to build and maintain infrastructure that provides excellent levels of service and technical reliability for customers.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the role will work closely with all OTT operational and development teams taking full ownership of OTT systems and providing excellent engineering knowledge and support to customers.
• To lead and manage the OTT engineering team comprising OTT systems engineering, specialists and support engineers.
• To develop, implement and engineer technical OTT projects working closely with Projects & Professional Services and customers.
• To proactively manage all OTT technical systems and infrastructure and ensure a culture of continuous improvement is adopted in OTT engineering.
• To be the main point for all aspects of OTT engineering for customers.
• To manage the work of shift Support Engineers, ensuring all works are carried out the EDM standards and agreed customer service levels.
• To provide guidance and coaching to the team of Support Engineers for documentation and support procedures
• To ensure successful handover from systems/projects engineers to the engineering support team.
• To specify and procure engineering services from third party vendors and manage vendor technical and contractual performance.
• To manage all issues logged, ensure resources are assigned, and ensure to detail projected resolution date/time or on-going status
• To develop performance dashboards and reports on technical infrastructure and systems.
• To lead and support customer meetings as required and provide reports as required.
• To work closely with Director of Engineering to report all developments and issues
• To actively maintain up-to-date documentation of the live infrastructure and technology estate
• To actively maintain and implement (according to EDML PEW and change procedures) the technology maintenance plan and change plan for the live infrastructure
• Ideally educated to degree level or recognised equivalent
• Client focused, with demonstrated experience of working closely with clients and operations in a service management environment
• Broadcast OTT Engineering experience is essential
• Demonstrated experience of maintaining mission critical infrastructure in operational broadcast data centers
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in the design, construction and operation of complex broadcast systems infrastructure in a tapeless environment would be an advantage
• Track record of technical excellence with a willingness and ability to take part in developing business opportunities
• Experience of working in a client focused OTT broadcast environment
• Expert broadcast experience working with transmission systems
• General IT experience working with Databases, Windows and Linux Operating Systems and Ethernet Networks. Active directory.
• OTT and VOD Workflows – demonstrating a full and deep technical understanding of a multi-platform OTT and VOD content management and video playout systems
• Streaming services/Platforms, both on-premises and cloud: full technical understanding of on-line video platforms and support infrastructure
• Physical Storage Management using EMC Isilon, Pixstor SATA and SAS Disk, Network Attached and Fibre Channel Storage.
• Video Routing and Switching using broadcast technologies
• Audio/Video Encoding, Decoding and Multiplexing using Cisco or equivalent products
• Monitoring and Alarming for mission critical OTT Broadcast and IT Networks
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.