|Job Title:||PMO Manager|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000|
PMO Manager – Permanent – Worcester – £40,000-£45,000
Responsible for establishing and running the Project Management Office with the objective of ensuring all projects are fully resourced, supported and delivered using a ‘best-practice’ project delivery approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality. This role will be primarily responsible for managing a group of specialists that provide a single source of expertise to the various project managers. Within the PMO are skills covering Fiber planning, GIS planning Traffic management planning, third party infrastructure provider interfaces and on-site way leave acquisition and PIA surveying.
The role will suit someone who has previously managed a PMO ideally from within a telecommunications service provider or associated an associated third-party provider, however similar experience gained within the project department of a utilities business would be considered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To manage the day to day activities of the PMO and ensure sufficient resourcing is in place so all work is processed in timely manner to budget and quality.
• As a direct report to the Head of Projects deliver all KPI’s efficiencies, changes and resolve issues based on objectives and as directed.
• Evaluate current PMO strategies across all areas and propose changes to optimise and improve.
• Working with other operational managers implement on time to budget and demonstrate planned outcomes have ben achieved
• Represent the projects organisation on major strategic project planning and implementations to cover new fiber contracts, demand led opportunities and new operating methodologies.
• Produce. socialise and obtain sign off for PMO skills plans and associated cost models to improve / change the speed quality and outcomes of the group’s deliverables
• Define and drive the production and enforcement of standards, processes and procedures in line with ISO27001 and represent the projects group in its attainment across the company
• Constantly evaluate suppliers and new technologies and produce business cases for adoption where appropriate. Carry out research and development for new equipment and services to include field testing in association with suppliers/ manufacturers
• You will be expected to coach and mentor staff within the team and deliver in house training and development on technology, operational change and standards.
• Minimum 5 years PMO management experience ideally within a medium to large service provider environment or associated third party provider or utility business. Ideally have attained a Prince 2 accreditation.
• Proven Influencing and team management. An ability to grow cohesive and skilled teams through empowerment and leading by example.
• Demonstrable knowledge of managing in KPI based target organisations to deliver repeatable quality outcomes.
• Ability to produce comprehensive documentation , project management reporting, commercially driven business cases . Proven understanding of lifecycle and total cost of ownership models.
• Ability to produce commercially based technology related business cases and present up to board level to obtain acceptance.
• Thorough understanding of quality management principles and ideally experience of working within an ISO27001 business environment.
• Great communicator with the ability to effectively liaise at all levels within the business including the executive team.
• Demonstrable knowledge of managing parallel workflows for multiple stakeholders and meeting agreed deliverables to time.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.