|Job Title:||Principal Engineer – Networks|
|Location:||London & Camberley|
|Salary:||£75,000 + (£500 Per Month) Car Allowance|
As a Principal Engineer you will be the “go to person” for your specific technical area. You will lead by example, will be a subject matter expert and will be a customer facing, business aware consultant.
The role of the Principal Engineer within Technical Services is to be the most senior technical resource to resolve highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through the normal operations and maintenance procedures and provide leadership for root cause analysis.
• To work closely with the Technical Design Authority and the other technical resources.
• To act as a mentor for their chosen field.
The Principal Engineer will also support the Sales and Presales teams to provide the technical expertise required to close sales opportunities. This will typically involve technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, proposal and bid response documentation.
• To act as a technical lead within the customer account for both internal and external requirements.
• To act as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources to achieve a higher level of service.
• To act as the last line technical lead to resolves technical problems, either design or support related problems. To take a lead where required in root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer.
• To train internal staff on product and customer networks.
• To review and report on specific customer incidents and to manage customer expectations. To add value and highlight trends within the call data. Ensuring escalation and feedback drives a high level of performance throughout the company.
• To be responsible for the documentation and upkeep of technical databases relating to the customers network infrastructure such that internal engineering colleagues can refer to this information held on either a WiKi or KEDB, assisting in the resolution of customer incidents and problems.
• To assist in the build and design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the labs. To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
• Assist and/or lead in the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites as part of projects or installs.
• To attend, as required, the following customer facing meetings, support reviews, project based, monthly service reviews, weekly incident reviews.
• Produce and Peer Review Low Level Designs
• Produce and Peer Review High Level Designs
• To assist principle engineers in the development and demonstrations of new solutions both internally and externally.
• Be an expert in the required Technology for your section. Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development.
• Provide Technical assistance to the sales teams in whatever format is required (e.g. in customer meetings, presentations and response to tenders) so that opportunities are supported with the correct Technical expertise.
• Ensure time sheets are accurate and submitted weekly. Incident call updates, where required, are accurate, timely and meaningful. Overtime and expenses are completed and submitted accurately.
• Handling and protection of information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy.
Demonstrable experience supporting Service Provider and Enterprise Grade Networks
Networking certification to either Juniper JNCIE with either SP, Ent or DC specialisations or CCIE any specialisation considered.
Subject Matter Expert in your chosen discipline
• Technically leading from the front.
• Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership
• Remain hands-on with technology
• Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
• Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
• Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.