|Job Title:||Project Controller|
|Salary:||£28,000 to £43,000|
A global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors require a Project Controller to join their team in the West Midlands.
Main Purpose of Job:
– Support the Finance Business Partner and the wider business in the control, analysis and reporting of project performance and revenue.
– Ensure the financial integrity of project reporting.
– Provide project reporting and control for all major projects.
– Ensure adequate controls are in place to achieve month end deadlines.
– Work with project owners and the project management team to ensure the accuracy of project position and validation of actual cost, committed cost and cost to complete.
– Ensure that finance manual intervention in the unbilled work report is minimised by analysing and creating solutions for key focus areas.
– Work with Finance Business Partner to ensure project valuations are accurate and correctly reflected in the system with partially complete projects being properly accounted for using the appropriate revenue recognition.
– Ensure any manual unbilled work rule changes at month end are corrected at source prior to the following month.
– Ensure open projects are kept to a minimum by ensuring project status is appropriate and analysing how finished projects can be closed in a timely manner.
– Review of project unbilled balances on an aged / customer / revenue stream basis to ensure timely conversion of unbilled to debtors to optimise business cash inflow.
– Lead the response to external audit review of project controls and validation.
– Preparation and analysis of project KPI to support the management of project financials.
– Analysis of actual costs versus budget / forecasts and any arising variance analysis of deviations.
– As part of the wider finance team, support the production of month end reporting packs.
– Support with and take part in CI initiatives and process improvements within finance and across the company to drive efficiency and value.
– Provision of Backupcontingency support across wider finance team.
– ACCA / CIMA Qualified or Part Qualified.
– 5 years’ experience within a similar level finance role.
– Experience of working with non-finance managers and teams.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.