• Accountable for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of the city/project into the wider business.
• Enable the team to deliver on time & to budget through robust, high quality management process, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
• Collaborate with the city team (Delivery Manager, Fibre Manager, City Manager) to ensure a smooth & effective roll-out
• Support city delivery team (including contractors) on scheduling of works
• Establish, manage and weekly or as required report of project Highlights throughout the project lifecycle to the management team
• Accountable for accurate tracking of status of a city into the wider business
• Maintain end to end city project plan
• Reporting of multiple work streams for deploying FTTH, FTTP and Metro network.
• Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
• Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to the PMO and City Construction Manager.
• Responsible for setting priorities for the project to achieve successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI’s such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved.
• Support the City team in achieving success, with accurate assessment of project progress, advising on recovery from a project perspective.
• Through a close working relationship with Commercial and Operations teams, identify at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project.
• Repeated Log and share key lessons learned to enable continuous improvement across all projects
• Log and control changes and deviations to the delivery programme.
• Ensure action plans are in place and are being delivered to resolve issues and mitigate risks
• Ensure delivery plans are achievable and are being accurately tracked.
Network Delivery team; PMO; Systems & Development; Architecture & Engineering; Field Services team; Service Operations team; Sales / Marketing teams; Streetworks Manager; Finance; Supply Chain/Procurement; Contractor Management; Delivery Manager; City Manager; Cost Accountant
Clients; Local Authority/Highways Agency; Contractors/Suppliers
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £20M.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project. Use of PPM system
• Good l understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
• Commercial Awareness and previous experience in project accounting
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Experience of recognised project management methodology
• Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
• Degree Level or 7 years’ Project Management experience gained within a telecom’s (or other suitable) environment.