Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Coaching and providing hands on and remote support to all delivery teams and sub-contractor supervisors during the build phase in each city.
• Conducting quality assessments and collating monthly quality reports in respect to civils construction standards.
• Working closely with the Compliance team and sharing information where relevant.
• Ensuring that all teams have up to date information about standards (both national/statutory, as well as architecture specific)
• Undertaking spot checks and using the feedback to implement corrective actions that can be handed over to the delivery team
• Undertaking benchmarking checks on all contractors, and putting in place an inspection and test regime that will create a culture of quality that improves “right first time”, and ensures that the network is defect free for the life of the asset
• Acting as an ambassador for construction quality and ensuring that all lessons learned are captured and used to feedback and improve standards with the nationwide team.
• Being visible on sites on a regular basis, so that the importance of the quality message is understood and continually reinforced
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Extensive experience in civils infrastructure construction, preferably in fibre/telecoms installation. Prior hands-on “on the tools” experience is desirable, with an in-depth knowledge of what the standards are
• Experience of auditing desirable, but not essential
• A passion for doing things right, with attention to detail
• To be an effective communicator who can influence and communicate with all levels of a construction organisation to affect change