4G/5G Radio Solutions Consultant – Ruislip – Permanent – £50K – £70K
The Radio Solution Expert will be responsible for the radio parameterisation, performance evaluation and performance improvement of the radio solution during the trial and initial launch phases. This will require the successful candidate to define, plan and assist with drive test campaigns, field issue diagnosis and reporting to key project stakeholders.
The Radio Solution Expert may also be required to assist with preparing technical responses to customer Requests for Information / Proposals and supporting the client bid teams to enable successful business development of RAN solutions.
The Radio Solution Expert will also be expected to assist with technical assessment of partners offered products, evaluating the technical solution offered, the suitability of the Product to the RAN portfolio and contributing to the new product selection process.
As part of the System Engineering team, the Radio Solution Expert will perform the role of subject matter expert and go to person for radio in the following areas:
• Prime interface for all 4G/5G Radio Design and radio related technical discussions with our clients customers
• Defining and driving inputs back in to the system development and radio partner alignment activities
• Supporting system performance evaluation and improvement during technology trials and commercial pilots
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for LTE and 5G Radio technology to support business promotion in this area
• Assist in the design of the 4G/5G RAN network trials by creating the design and documentation of the proposed Radio solution to address the customer’s requirements.
• Identify, define and communicate system improvements, feature requirements and technology strategies to the system development team and client partners
• Work with the project teams to plan, execute, review and optimise the 4G/5G radio related network performance
• Lead the investigations in to reported field or radio performance issues, ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner and that any resulting field learnings are captured in an internal “best practices” guidance note for future activities
• Prepare material for and present to customers as part of pre and post-sales activities where required
• Define, review and document Customer requirements from the market
• Assist the PLM team with new product selection by performing technical risk assessment and design audits for new Products against requirements and providing a technical recommendations to PLM based on the assessed risks
• Report to project stakeholders, including the Head of Engineering and the Management teams on status of activities
• Identify potential IPR (Patents) in the field of PS-LTE or
business areas that will allow to differentiate its product offering
• Assist the business development team as required in responses to business tenders (RFQ / RFP)
• Be aware of & comply with all Health & Safety instructions & regulations.
• Be aware of & comply with all Quality instructions & regulations.
• Highlight any Health & Safety non-compliances in accordance with company regulations.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a responsible role relevant to 4G radio design and deployments
• Experience of working within an engineering team
• Experience of working independently and delivering results in a timely fashion
• Development / system engineering background
• Solid working knowledge of 4G and 5G radio parameterisation and technology including radio planning
• Field issue analysis skills
• Ability to understand complex systems and requirements
• Clear communicator (written and verbally)
• Ability to effectively explain complex technical details to others
Our client are a global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices offering technology solutions to customers worldwide. As a leading company with a professional approach, they maintain a reputation for outstanding customer service. Working within both the private and public sectors, providing systems and applications which enable collaborative working, increased productivity and significantly improved customer satisfaction.