Regional Delivery Manager – Buckinghamshire & Bedfordshire – (Fibre Deployment, Programme Management, Fibre Knowledge) – Up to £55,000
The Delivery Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of Fibre Optic Network construction projects in a specified area or region.
The role involves the management of Design Partners, Construction Contractors and Materials Suppliers to ensure that the Build Programme and Customer Installations are delivered to the required HSEQ, Time and Cost standards.
The Regional Delivery Manager is also responsible for the effective management of internal and external stakeholders, including Local Authorities, Community Bodies and Senior Management.
• Manage all activities associated with deploying FTTP networks and customer connections in the Region.
• A leader of Quality and H&S promoting and managing excellent SHEQ practices across the business and its contractors to ensure high standards are maintained.
• Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
• Responsibility as contractual Manager in the operation of the Contract in place with all 3rd party suppliers. Preparation and issuing of contractual notices and correspondence as required under the agreements. Ensure that all required contractual obligations are met in administering the contract.
• Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with recovery plans in place to minimise any adverse effects.
• Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported.
• Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to Senior Management.
• Establish and maintain an effective relationship with key suppliers, internal departments and customers as necessary to deliver projects.
• Ensure all completion documentation and As built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked and verified.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
• Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
• Understanding of method statements and risk assessments.
• Commercial Awareness – understands basic cost models and cost-to-completion projections.
• Experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
• Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA).
• Experience of recognised project management methodology.