|Job Title:||RF Test Engineer|
Responsible for carrying out test planning, designing and integrating cost effective mobile cellular systems meeting the coverage, services and capacity requirements.
System Planning: To assess, plan, design and review solutions for the delivery of coverage, capacity and services to mostly (but not limited to) in-building locations
• Ensure cost effective solution
• Deliver fit for purpose systems
• Manage customer expectations
Coverage surveys and system commissioning and acceptance:
• Where necessary as part of the design, carry out live coverage survey and continuous wave (CW) surveys to collect data for design or to ensure the design meeting the customer’s requirements
• Carry out system commissioning to optimise the system meeting the requirements, and to improve performance where appropriate.
• Support the customers on system integration and acceptance to fulfil contractual obligations
Documentation and reviews:
• Production of the handover document for the as-build and test reports confirming the system performance.
• Perform peer reviews of team member’s documents to eradicate errors in a supportive environment with the aim of enhanced performance of the whole team.
• Work as part of the team to enable the department to become the centre of excellence on cellular engineering and radio matters.
Limited resources including test equipment
Within own team
Level – Head of Delivery/Manager/Radio Engineer/Technical Co-ordintor/CAD Technician/Data Processor
Nature – influencing, negotiating and providing information
Purpose – ensure clear and effective explanation of design
Across other teams
• Level – Senior Project Managers/Project Managers
• Nature – communicate and negotiate
• Purpose – ensure clear and effective explanation of design
• Level – customer’s technical representative
• Nature – influence and communicate
• Purpose – provide good communication and negotiation where appropriate and manage expectation
• Level – technical
• Nature – specify project requirements
• Purpose – ensure cost effectiveness, high quality and delivery schedule of products and solutions
Professional / Technical
professional qualifications or equivalent; technical skills
• An Electronic and Engineering Degree required (preferably relevant to cellular industry)
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Able to demonstrate a structured and logical approach to tasks, with the ability to problem solve under pressure
• Able to manage own time/workload to deliver high quality work, within set deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft packages including Visio
• Full driving licence required (preferably clean)
• iBwave level 1 and 2
• Able to work independently with experience with various design software packages including iBwave, Enterprise Planner etc
• Proficiency in utilisation of RF data collection/analysis software packages: TEMS, NEMO, Map Info etc
• Knowledge and experience in designing a wide variety of cellular in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) covering but not limited to design drawings, system schematics, link budget, ICNIRP and performance assessments for various mobile technologies and PMR.
• Ability to produce cost effective design solutions to suit technical requirements
• Knowledge/understanding of RF principles and implementation of DAS
• Knowledge and experience of system products supplied by some industrial manufacturers would be beneficial
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.