|Job Title:||Senior Bid Manager & Financial Modeller|
|Location:||Warwick & Home based working|
Role Profile: The NRTS2 project has provision to propose additional Innovation Projects to Highways England, and to develop opportunities in partnership with Highways England to commercialise aspects of the NRTS2 network, including resale of excess network capacity to third parties.
Reporting to the NRTS Head of Contract Services, you will be responsible for the bid management and cost/price modelling for these opportunities. You will work closely with members of our Project and Engineering teams to develop new solutions, and manage the production and approval of proposals.
You could also be asked to support the wider business in terms of support to major/strategic bids, and/or development of Microsoft Excel based financial or other modelling tools.
The role will require a breadth and depth of both proposal management and financial modelling experience and knowledge that can be drawn on to understand and implement the requirements of the business and to enable to maximise revenues under this contract.
Ultimate success in this role will be demonstrated by the production of timely, high quality proposals that match our customers requirements and lead to a steady stream of additional projects and revenue.
What we are looking for from you:
• Financially astute with ability to interpret financial reports and models
• Expert in Microsoft Excel, including strong competence in VBA
•Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable. Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
• Broad experience of bid management, development and delivery
• Strong project management and organisational skills.
• Understanding of operational, commercial and financial aspects of technical services contracts
• Customer-facing/business development experience
• Demonstrable understanding of financial model good practice
• Experience in building and managing complex financial models, for example for bids/projects over £100m in value
• Broad understanding of telecommunications product, technologies and services
• Ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation.
• Demonstrable intellectual capacity to develop and deliver simple solutions to complex challenges.
• Produce and/or update Microsoft Excel based modelling tools to support the NRTS and wider business
• This may include the development, ownership and control of general modelling toolsets used by the wider business, and the development of specific/bespoke models and tools for particular tasks
• Produce scenario-based models, business cases etc. as required
• Support the wider NRTS teams as necessary in the production and update of cost models to support Proposals for additional works and Innovation Projects Proposals.
• Provide various expertise and assistance as required, for example around expertise in Microsoft Excel and cost/financial modelling tools, to the wider NRTS and business
• Manage and Co-ordinate the end-end production of Proposals for Innovation Projects and Commercialisation Opportunities for the NRTS project in line with customer timescales and requirements
• Be ultimately accountable for ensuring that high quality winning proposals are delivered on time, in line with customer requirements and expectations, and in line with all applicable internal and Highways England governance.
• Ownership of the bid from initial engagement through to contract handover to projects/operations
• Agree a winning bid strategy with the opportunity lead and other senior managers as relevant
• Project Management of the bid process including organising and chairing a bid launch meeting, on-going review meetings as appropriate, organising cost reviews, a red team review, etc.
• Preparing the tender P&L and cash flow including:
• Working with the operations/engineering/projects areas to achieve an analysed and challenged cost build-up
• Working with the Sales and Customer facing teams to achieve an understood customer budget and/or ‘win price’
• Develop relationships with Sales and Delivery areas to ensure a better understanding of their markets and solutions and lead with support from other parts of the business as appropriate, the development, review and implementation of a winning bid strategy including how best to maximise our strengths, minimise any weaknesses, deposition any competitors etc.
• Proactively look for ways to improve the quality and win rates for our proposals.
• Ensure the group end to end bid process is followed for all allocated bids and all appropriate reviews are undertaken and necessary approvals obtained
• Responsible for ensuring a record of all bids produced is kept (for example on Sales force)
• Cost management of costs involved in producing proposals, and ownership of the bid budget
• Preparing a risk and opportunity Register, and tender review paperwork with buy-in from the relevant areas of the business, and presenting such material, and the P&L and cash flow, to the business for approval at deal review
• Provide assistance in more general support of sales campaigns or opportunity development (outside of tenders) as requested to the Sales/Customer Facing teams such as support in meetings, presentations, value propositions etc.
• Assistance in post bid submission work such as presentation to customers, Q&As, supporting negotiation activities etc.
• To minimize the cost of bidding and speed of response through development and use of standard processes, price books and bid collateral where appropriate.
• To support the continuous review and improvement of all aspects of bidding based on win/loss rates, lessons learnt, feedback and experience
• To support the production of monthly management information covering bid costs, bidding activity, bid win/loss rates, value of bids, and “return on bid investment”
• To discuss implications of monthly management reports within bid team and with relevant senior management/heads of department
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.