Senior Business Analyst – London – 3 Month Contract – Competitive Market Rates
To provide high quality, outcome focussed business analysis within complex change projects and initiatives, operating across the whole change lifecycle. Work as part of a professional resource pool and be allocated to support a Lead Business Analyst within a programme or to lead the business analysis on a large-scale project or similar complex change initiatives. Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team at programme level down to development team level where necessary.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) and champion for change within complex strategic change projects.
• Investigate and support the definition of the feasibility, scope and vision of complex changes / business problems, and get buy in from stakeholders at senior level.
• Recognises the scale of an allocated change, understands how the project fits within the operating model, as well as other change programmes/ initiatives.
• Supports benefits management via their identification, management, realisation and acceptance within change delivery.
• Defines existing and future business processes and customer (user) journeys within the scope of the change.
• Works with business, users and development team to ensure requirements are reflective of business needs at all levels.
• Identifies options for solutions, both business and technological, assesses options against business need and investigates the feasibility of each option. Makes recommendations based on investigation and alignment to business benefits.
• Designs low fidelity prototypes (sketches, non-interactive mock-ups) to support the allocated change, and works with the business, users (internal and external) and the development team to ensure prototypes meet business and user needs.
• Provides assurance that the designed solution meets business needs, constructively challenges the development team where this is not the case. Supports elements of solution testing with a view to providing this assurance.
• Able to work on complex waterfall or agile changes, or support programmes that use a combination of frameworks and methods.
• Provides constructive challenge and coaching to BA and Graduate roles.
• Manages conflict resolution and the unblocking of issues with delivery of complex change projects.
• Line manages Graduate Business Analyst roles.
• Supports BA practice Manager in defining and developing the business analysis methodology, Inputs into best practice and thinking.
• Experience of operating across complex changes, guiding a project team towards a clearly defined vision.
• Able to harness system thinking through understanding the holistic view of how this change fits in the wider organisation, service thinking for how to deliver value to customers and lean thinking to maximise the value whilst minimising the waste.
• Senior level knowledge of proven concepts, practices and procedures in business analysis, and how this can operate in a variety of change environments e.g. waterfall vs agile.
• Experience of operating within a complex change project and have provided advice, challenge and delivered critical outputs to enable the project to achieve its goals.