|Job Title:||Senior Change Engineer|
|Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000|
Senior Engineer: Change Control
Lead on the impact assessment of change requests from DCC to a global leader in communications infrastructure.
Our vision is to be central to every vital connection in a world which depends on a continuous stream of information. At the forefront of communications infrastructure and media services, we’re the people behind the scenes who make connections happen in the digital world. Our values are about being ingenious, straightforward and collaborative in a clear and simple way to enable us to go that extra mile for our customers.
As Senior Engineer reporting to our Head of Technical Sales Support, you’ll be responsible for leading the impact assessment of change requests (CR) from DCC for our energy smart metering communication service provider. That’ll involve leading the preparation of preliminary assessment responses, requiring an assessment of impacted sub-components and delivery workstreams, as well as the complexity of the change. Providing code estimates for carrying out full impact assessments and rough order magnitude costs for the implementation of the CR, you’ll co-ordinate the preparation of full impact assessments into a single response. In addition to collaborating with workstream technical architects to gain and maintain an understanding of core components, interfaces, and servicers that make up the end-to-end CSPN solution, you’ll also:
• Consult with technical architects to gain Design Authority approvals to solutions.
• Support the Change Manager and change team
• Consult with other teams to ensure all aspects of the CR response have been met
• Provide feedback and contribute to the continuous improvement of the CR process.
With a degree level qualification in an IT, engineering or technical discipline, together with membership of a recognised professional institute, you must have a significant track record and high level of competence in technical sales application engineering and bid preparation. As well as your sound grasp of complex Enterprise business support systems and/or telco network management
systems, you must also have:
• Knowledge and understanding of radio-based network technologies
• Knowledge and application level understanding of ITIL framework for service delivery
• First-class interpersonal and communication skills.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.