Our client are a rapidly growing IT Consultancy, specialising in Managed Services and Data Centres amongst other offerings. They are recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Lead to join their team, helping to support organisations around the UK.
The Senior Infrastructure Lead role is someone who has a passion and unending desire to learn more about technology and to improve not only their own but their colleague’s knowledge and expertise. Providing guidance, instruction, direction to the 1st and 2nd line teams as well for working in various project teams for the purpose of achieving a key result or group of aligned results.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager this role is responsible for ensuring not only our own but our customer’s infrastructure runs smoothly, is patched correctly and is performing an optimum levels.
• All items on the Infrastructure daily check list should be carried out with all discrepancies/issues to be reported to the Infrastructure Manager.
• Driving process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with other team members.
• Being on board with continuous process improvement practices.
• Routine system administration including: manage user accounts, manage support group changes (additions, changes, adding/removing members), provide users with access/roles within the system, manage network, telephony.
• Answer “how to” technical and application configuration questions of other members of the technical team and process owners.
• Assist in troubleshooting patch / release management issues.
• Be the primary point of contact for all infrastructure related queries in the absence of the infrastructure manager.
• Provide 3rd line support for the service desk and ensuring Infrastructure tickets are closed in a timely manner.
• Ensuring all contracted RTOs and RPOs are achievable.
• Ensure processes are followed, monitored and repeated as scheduled.
• Ensure infrastructure is documented and kept up to date.