|Job Title:||Senior Land and Estates Surveyor|
|Salary:||£300 Per Day|
• Assist the Land & Estates Manager with all matters addressed by the Land & Estates Department.
• Lead, direct or manage negotiations of commercial Heads of Terms and required land right documents with landowners and their appointed representatives to secure all land rights required to support renewable projects. Interact with Legal and Project teams as appropriate.
• Input into review, creation and update of various forms of legal agreements to ensure they are fit for purpose.
• Provide valuations of land rights and where necessary specialist advice on matters including but not limited to compulsory purchase, land strategies and interrogation of technical detail to ensure correct rights captured.
• Obtain authorisation for contracts for consultants required for projects and management of same.
• Responsible for ensuring parity and avoiding adverse precedents by maintaining input and awareness of projects. Ensure template documents are kept up to date and report to team and business. Obtain authority for any detraction from standard terms.
• Be risk aware and identify, advise and report on or find solutions where appropriate.
• Responsible for holding a key role within project teams and provide advice and complete tasks as required to ensure land requirements are met within project timescales. Identify shortfalls, mitigation and remedies and pursue to solution as required.
• Ensure that rights and obligations are fully understood and transferred across between development, construction and operational functions and where appropriate JV partners.
• Where management responsibility lies with a joint venture partner, ensure that project and business obligations continue to be met, putting in place and managing monitoring and quality assurance procedures.
• Initiate and complete estate management functions as required to ensure adherence with lease terms and property rights.
• Initiate and complete audits of land right adherence (either physically or by document) at appropriate times to ensure compliance with land rights.
• Act as a senior point of contact for landowners and project teams.
• Responsible for ensuring LMS, SAP RE or other estate management tools kept up to date with site, landowner and payment detail. Extract information and provide detail and reports as necessary.
• Assist in discussions with rating consultants over obligations for all facilities related with offshore projects and ensure control functions and project teams aware of financial obligations.
• Lead the Land & Estates process capture related to Quality Control to ensure adherence with relevant principles/certificates.
• Manage and control the Quality Control processes to ensure ongoing compliance/adherence with principles/certificates.
• Responsible for Land & Estate’s team awareness of Quality Control requirements and input needed.
• Inputs into the project and board reports and financial models as required.
• Input into and completion of the project due diligence exercises in relation to the acquisition of new renewable projects or entry into new joint ventures.
• Mentor, guide, assist and train members of the Land & Estates team as required to allow them to fulfill their duties.
• Educated to degree level, in a land-related discipline.
• Proven record of concluding land deals.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment.
• Appreciation of sensitivity of issues and ability to respond by appropriately prioritising workload.
• Knowledge of electricity generation business and the renewable sector.
• Ability to comprehend technical information and translate this into requirements for land agreements.
• Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
• Knowledge of project management methodologies.
• Strong negotiation skills to deliver deals effectively and without setting any adverse precedents.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.