|Job Title:||Senior Project Manager|
|Salary:||£35,000 to £48,000|
A global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors require a Senior Project Manager to join their team.
Main Purpose of Job:
– Responsible for managing and leading the delivery of projects within the company. Projects range from local / low value / quick turnaround projects to multi-million pound / multi-year / international projects. Workload typically includes 1-6 concurrent projects
– Ensuring projects achieve at least ‘as sold’ project performance (cost, quality and timing)
– Satisfying or exceeding the expectations of our internal and external stakeholders
– Within larger projects you will provide support to other Senior PM’s, contributing to successful project outcomes for the overall project
– Within larger projects that are allocated to you, you will lead junior PM’s so that they can develop, and actively contribute to the project success.
Within this role you will be required to:
– Pro-actively manage project to deliver project objectives as efficiently as possible.
Considerations will include:
o risk & opportunities (including contingency management)
o resources (people, materials and facilities)
o methodology, process compliance
– Work with Project Technical Lead to identify and secure the necessary support from resource providers within MIRA
– Provide non-technical representation of MIRA and the Project Team to our customer and internal stakeholders
– Present project status to the business and the customer
– Initiate and Chair project internal / external meetings as appropriate
– Apply and actively contribute to the company capability and processes
– Share knowledge and experience with your colleagues within PM and the business to ensure best practise and process is consistently applied
– Support and positively influence others within the company who have project management responsibilities
– Contribute to the strategic direction of the Programme Management FG
– Support Corporate policies, strategies and initiatives
– Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering or technical field
– APM (preferable APMP)
– Typically 4 to 8 years of Project Management experience
– Leading teams of 2-20 people
– Managing multiple projects concurrently
– Working within, and contributing to processes and identified best practise
– Excellent computer skills, in particular MSOffice (Word, Excel,
– MSProject skills
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.