|Job Title:||Senior QA Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract (FTC)|
|Sector:||Public Sector and Government|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £44,000|
Senior QA Engineer – Newcastle – 18 Month Fixed Term Contract – £40K – £44K
Our client is an independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. They ensure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
• Write and execute functional and non-functional tests at each level, and debug and refactor the test code.
• Measure and report on test activity, manage defects and author software defined tests.
• Educate and support the rest of the delivery teams with testing, educate internal and external stakeholders and work with delivery teams to define ‘quality’.
• Run and manage appropriate functional and non-functional tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met.
• Identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use including non-functional testing tools.
• Communicate defects or trends clearly to Software Engineers, outlining how defects are identified and the possible causes.
• Think innovatively around problems in order to improve not just the code, but also the processes.
• Design, or provide assurance for, appropriate risk-based endto-end system integration test models.
• Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to co-develop products or business change.
• Ensure effective and efficient services are built, meeting user needs and optimising test practices.
You will have experience in:
• Experience providing estimates to the required level of accuracy for backlog items.
• Experience facilitating the definition of acceptance criteria and acceptance tests.
• Experience providing visibility to end to end quality of the developed system.
• Experience creating and maintaining automated and manual acceptance tests for each developed user story.
• Experience recording accurate outcomes of acceptance tests and regression tests and collaborating with team to answer queries regarding issues identified.
• Experience working as part of multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary Agile teams delivering Web applications.
• Knowledge and experience of Web technologies such as HTML, XML, SSL, Drupal, LAMP stack etc.
• Experience working within a DevOps culture, with continual integration, continual testing and continual deployment of code.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.