|Job Title:||Vanguard Manager|
|Location:||Home - South & Midlands|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract (FTC)|
|Salary:||£60,000 - £70,000|
To be the Senior Commercial Champion, leading engagement across target locations.
Initial key deliverables through this stakeholder’s engagement will be to build and manage a phased pipeline of full qualified locations for formal Board Signoff where the following is achieved:
• Secured Council Executive Officer engagement and buy-in to our solution, investment & vision
• Secured access to and support for site identification, acquisition/lease and planning approvals.
• Identified and secured access to any existing fibre infrastructure that would benefit the network design & build
• Gathered location knowledge
• Identify, engage and contracted Tier 1 Social Housing Landlord (predominately Local Authorities) to secure asset data, wayleaves and agree process flow.
Not all locations will be progressed immediately, therefore an ability to manage stakeholder expectation while creating and maintaining high levels of engagement is key.
Would suit an opportunity focused individual who enjoys:
• Opening doors and engaging at a very senior level with local authorities
• Is adept at networking
• Is savvy in the local government arena
• Has a passion for technology
• Has strong knowledge and network
• Can develop strong internal and external relationships
• Able to prioritise effectively
• Has an intuitive sense for what is important and can see the bigger picture
• Lead the execution of Commercial and Community engagement locally, prior to the build phase in a selection of shortlisted locations in a geographic area
• Be the early engagement local market expert;
o Competitor Intelligence
o Key Business Parks
o Housing Developments
o Local Partners
o Key Local Events & B2B Organisations
• Drive suitable land/property identification, acquisition or lease and support the planning process to approval.
• Develop strong local relationships to identify and progress local commercial opportunities in key vertical sectors including with local council, housing associations and property developers.
• Represent and speak at local networking and community events
• Collaborate with vertical sales teams
• Capture and document gathered knowledge and effect suitable transfer and introduction of this knowledge, and key stakeholder contacts, to the incoming Delivery Manager
Measures of Success
• Reputation and awareness locally
• Securing required sites
• Identify and secure both asset data and wayleave documents from Tier 1 Social Housing Landlords
• Identification of suitable commercial access to existing, council owned duct & fibre networks
• Feedback from Internal and External stakeholders is very high – qualitative and/or quantitative
• Fully supportive Stakeholders of project
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in B2B Sales and/or Account Management
• Working knowledge and experience of Local Government
• Proven Stakeholder Management experience
• Positive references
• Hands on attitude
• Dynamic, Flexible and able to work on own initiative
• Telecoms market awareness
• Experience in similar local market driven businesses (cable, utilities, etc)
• Gravitas, able to hold long-term professional relationships internally and externally
• Self-starter and able to work under press
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.