|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Sector:||Public Sector and Government|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £44,000|
Senior Software Engineer (Web)– Nottingham – Permanent – £40K – £44K
Our client is an independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. They ensure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
• Design, run and improve web application software that meets user needs.
• Write clean, secure code following a test-driven approach. Create code that is open by default and easy for others to reuse.
• Work with other Digital disciplines to understand what needs to be built.
• Collaborate with others when necessary to review specifications and use these to design, code, test and document programmes or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools.
• Set appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively. Review the systems designs of others to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
• Design, write and iterate code from prototype to production-ready. Understand security, accessibility and version control. Use a range of coding tools and languages as required.
• Manage the service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets
• Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability
You will have experience in:
• Experience with design, development, test and maintenance of web applications.
• Experience developing systems following a microservices architecture.
• Experience in at least one Object Oriented programming language e.g. Java or C#.Net.
• Good all-round web development experience, including awareness of best practices and standards such as accessibility, usability and web standards
• Experience of delivering web solutions in an integrated environment, with an understanding of how to optimize solutions to gain performance and stability
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.