|Job Title:||Service Transition Manager|
|Salary:||£35,000 to £40,000|
Service Transition Manager – Permanent – Birmingham – £35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum + Benefits
As our client continues their Modernising IT programme, we are looking to recruit a Service Transition Manager for their newly formed IT team.
As a Service Transition Manager, you will lead and manage Service transition activities to deliver services from Projects into Service Operation ensuring you work in line with best practice and to a high standard.
You will work with all levels of stakeholders, technical provider teams and employees leading and advising on changes within a live environment acting as a point of escalation for issues and problems as they arise.
You will conduct post release reviews to make sure all fixes and changes has been successfully fulfilled, driving continuous improvement for future projects.
You will support in managing supplier relationships for transitional and business as usual vendors and be highly experienced in managing a transition from start to finish.
The successful post holder will have a strong working knowledge of service transition best practice and have had experience of working within a managed service environment in a similar role.
• Define, deliver and report upon service improvements relating to Change and Configuration in order to add value to the business
• Ensures that release processes and procedures are applied and that all known problems are documented
• Working with technical provider teams, leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk
• Defining minor/major/periods of special interest change windows
• Take an active role in the planning of future projects to ensure that Change is considered at the service design phase
• To be responsible for the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Service dependency mapping
• To advise and assess the impact of transformation projects on Service Delivery and ensure these are managed during service transition.
• To develop, document and publish Change and Release Management standards, Change and Release Management plans and procedures, ensuring that these documents are updated as and when appropriate.
• Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers to facilitate the delivery of a smooth and effective service over time.
• Chairs meetings that review changes, such as the CAB
• Reporting against KPIs and metrics
• Comprehensive knowledge of Service Transition good practice as defined in ITIL version 3
• Experience of working within a managed service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs
• Ability to work with multiple suppliers with differing SLAs
• Experience and ability to prioritise, execute tasks and make sound decisions in a busy Service Operation environment
• A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be ITIL v3 Foundation qualified
• Has a good working knowledge of policy frameworks, management structures and reporting procedures for the Change and Release Management environments
• Proven experience of working with third party service providers
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow (or similar ITSM toolset)
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.