Site Acquisition & Planning Manager – Banbury – (Town Planning, Wireless Networks, Lease/Licence Negotiations) – £50,000 + Car Allowance
Working within the Operations Department, the role of the Site Acquisition & Planning Manager is to perform all aspects of the Site Acquisition process on Community Wireless Projects.
This involves lease/licence negotiations with prospective landlords, liaising with the Local Community and Broadband Champions as well as dealing with specific adhoc enquiries relating to existing network infrastructure.
The role requires good knowledge of Wireless Networks or mobile Telecommunications infrastructure build, as well as being familiar with Town and Country Planning Legislation and knowledge of the Electronics Communication Code (ECC).
• Responsible for sourcing all contact information for prospective properties identified in the high-level design stage (HLD)
• Responsible for working closely with Local Broadband Champions and Community Liaison Officers to ensure sites identified are progressed in a sensitive manner and maximum buy into the Community.
• Responsible to arranging site surveys with potential hosts in order to facilitate LOS and detailed design visits
• Responsible for liaising with Project Manager and Design Engineer to ensure that the designs proposed, are compliant with Town & Country Planning guidelines.
• Accountable for liaising with the LPA and submitting Planning applications (De minimis, GPDO/Full) as and when required.
• Accountable for ensuring that all sites have a Lease/Licence agreement in place aligned to the Landlord and Tenants Act 1985
• Responsible for ensuring that all sites have the requisite approvals from the Landlords and Local Authorities prior to sites being built
• Responsible for ensuring sites are acquired and ready to build within the agreed and defined program timeframes.
• Responsible for meeting internal and external KPI’s and ensuring (in conjunction with the PM) of the management of data and reporting.
• Responsible for preparing and ensuring all necessary applications and documentation are complete, including written site description, justification for site, plans and sketches, maps and photos.
Background & Profile:
• 3+ relevant telecommunications acquisition experience. (Site identification, coordinating site design surveys and kick off visits).
• 2+ years minimum experience/knowledge in Town and Country Planning, including submitting planning submissions as required
• Has demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the 2017 Electronics Communication Code and how this impacts/benefits the company with site acquisition
• 3+ years relevant experience with the Landlord and Tenants Act 1985
• Can demonstrate a good understanding of Wireless access/RAN processes and cross functional dependencies
• Is comfortable addressing property owners and company representatives to reach agreements in line with company directives.
• Experienced in Licence to occupy negotiation, agreement, license, etc. with property owners.
• You are a team player – with the ability to integrate easily, communicate with professional courtesy, energy and enthusiasm – inside and outside the business at all levels.
• You share information openly and seek to offer support across the business where your area of specialism is required.
• You will support continuous improvements across the business to improve work streams & processes.
• You are committed to providing outstanding customer service – both internal and external.
• You are a problem solver – able to think through solutions.
• You are energetic and self-motivated – hands on and requirement minimal supervision
• Working in a fast-moving technical environment, you need to be flexible and adaptable – able to readily accept new ideas and challenges
• Proven ability to manage your workload and conflicting priorities in a pressurised work environment
• You view and welcome constructive criticism as a means for development and improvement