|Job Title:||Snr Network Architect|
• Key contributor to the network strategy and the network design authority
• Develop the core radio-based network to support exponential growth and network resilience
• Technically evaluate solutions and technology to support network modernisation and growth
• Manage internal and Internet resources (IP schema, ASN etc)
• Design and integrate access networks to enable and support contract delivery
• Test, Evaluate and approve new designs and change requests
• Tender acceptance.
• Documentation and handover to operational teams; define SOP.
• Technical training sessions to other departments.
• Provides 3rd line support to the service operations manager, his team and field engineers when required.
• Deputises for the Network Architecture Manager in senior management meetings etc. as needed
• Interface with Service Operations department as and when needed
• Be the shared data centre to Business Systems interface
• Update documentation of systems and devices
• Meet with project managers to discuss their network requirements
• Core network upgrades
• IGP redesign for core/RAN distribution
• IPv6 rollout
• Content caching
• RAN resilience strategy
• Network device config management
• Wholesale design and PoC
• Public/Static IP assignment procedure
• Quality of Experience/Quality of Service
• Business Development – Building workable solutions for smaller-scale projects
• Project Teams – Completing logical designs for RAN rollout and technical consultancy
• Marketing – Finding solutions to address revenue barriers
• Business Systems – Support of the data centre
• Operation Support – Assistance with RAN support and SLA targets
Role & Responsibilities
The senior Network Architect will act as the main technical expert for the company and provide high- and low-level designs for the national network expansion, taking ownership of individual projects. Working closely with project and operational support teams, they will find solutions to improve service delivery and customer Quality of Experience. They will also help develop standard operating procedures and proof of concept creation, and work with sales and marketing teams to effect opportunities. Working closely with the Network
• CCNP or equivalent
• CCDA or equivalent experience
• In depth knowledge of routing protocols – OSPF, BGP, MPLS
• Experience of designing and scaling networks to meet fast growth and volume
• Experience with network and technical design and planning with emphasis on resilience and quality.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues
• Outgoing team worker with strong work ethic
• Translating business requirements into solutions
• Network security experience
• Knowledge and experience with Internet architecture (peering, IPv4, IPv6, ASN)
• Data centre experience
• Working within a public network provider, mobile network provider or ISP
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.