|Job Title:||Software Verification Engineer|
|Sector:||Medical and Nursing|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £60,000|
Software Verification Engineer – Coventry – Permanent – £50,000 – £60,000 Per Annum
The employer is a dynamic and fast-growing Midlands based medical device company established to commercialize an innovative and disruptive medical imaging technology researched and developed at one of the top UK universities.
Working closely across specialties the engineering team is tasked to bring innovative and creative solutions to translate the fundamental physics principles from leading edge university research to reliable and safe medical devices that make a real difference to patients’ lives. You would be working under strong leadership, with the research teams to bring a new technology to market.
The Software Verification Engineer will process the aspects of safety critical software verification in accordance with internationally recognised and applicable standards. Software under test shall include a mixture of PC and embedded software, with its associated hardware.
• The successful candidate shall adhere to the applicable medical regulatory and quality standards, for example IEC 62304 and company QMS.
• Perform the testing effort within project constraints, while accounting for applicable standards, and established company processes
• Create requirements driven test plans, test suites, test cases and test environments (hardware and software)
• Work within the company’s Quality Management System
• Execute tests, as needed and ensure that all test outcomes are fully documented
• Be fully engaged within an issue management lifecycle in a controlled environment
• Support, as required, other teams for development and characterisation activities
• Capable of verifying both PC based and real time embedded software
• Able to interact with QA and understand their requirements for software design and verification process documentation
• Knowledge of test planning and test case creation for embedded systems which will include use of software IDE and ability to use standard test equipment
• Knowledge of test planning and test case creation for PC based systems
• Ability to take ownership of all test activities and ensuring that they are completed to the required standards and timescales
• Working knowledge of the following types of software tools (examples identified): software version control (e.g. SVN / CVS), issue management (e.g. JIRA / Redmine / MKS / SpiraTeam), embedded software IDE (e.g. IAR / Keil / Eclipse) and document management processes.
Ideally, you’ll have proven knowledge of Safety Critical verification from a Medical Device, Rail, Automotive or Aerospace environment.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.