SC Cleared STRATEGY Assurance & Risk Manager – London 9 Month Contract – Competitive day rate
We are seeking a STRATEGY Assurance & Risk Manager to work within the Assurance and Risk function within the Performance, Assurance and Risk (PAR) department is responsible for design and leading implementation of the NCA’s three lines of defence Assurance Model to ensure effective mitigation of risk as a key part of the Agency’s corporate governance. It provides strategic insight to our clients governance fora and works in partnership with the business to embed a culture of compliance and effective risk management.
• The postholder will be responsible for the design and delivery of robust risk management systems and assurance activity aligned with the three lines of defence Assurance Model.
• Support design and implementation of robust assurance and risk frameworks across the NCA, ensuring they are based upon best practice and meet the Agency’s needs.
• Manage development of analysis and reporting of assurance and risk, aligned to the needs of the NCA Governance Framework.
• Engage with stakeholders to embed an effective compliance culture, strengthen engagement with risk and issues management regimes, facilitate external audits and inspections (e.g. HMICFRS), and oversee recommendation management processes to ensure timely delivery of improvements.
• Oversee the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, in line with Agency policy
• The postholder will report to the G2 Senior Manager Assurance & Risk who will set clear tasking and oversee delivery.
• As part of the Assurance & Risk function, the postholder will work alongside other members of the team to transfer skills and knowledge – building lasting capability.
• A detailed knowledge transition plan will be developed by the G2 and approved by the G1 Head of PAR with demonstrable delivery evidenced on a monthly basis by the postholder.
• Corporate risk and issue management
• Corporate governance/assurance management
• Data analysis
• Change implementation planning and management
• Information analysis
• SC Enhanced Clearance or willing to undertake the clearance vetting