|Job Title:||Structural Engineer|
|Location:||Kent, Midlands, Scotland|
Summary of Role
To provide a professional structural engineering service to support the management structural assets and Business Units including the provision of structural solutions particularly in the area of masts, towers and telecommunication buildings ensuring structural integrity, reliability and serviceability.
• Acts as a specialist in the field of mast and tower engineering contributing to a central core of technical expertise. Encourages, guides and develops team working and provides technical support, assistance and mentoring to peers and less experienced members of the team.
• Plays a key role in overseeing specific programmes of work including agreeing initial programme, agreeing scope of activities, managing risks and issues, coordinating budget, providing management reporting and facilitating specifications & templates.
• Plans, specifies and instructs structural works necessary to ensure the safety and integrity of our client’s structural portfolio in order to meet the serviceability requirements for the intended service life.
• Develops an excellent working relationship with internal and external stakeholders and customers in order to enhance levels of service, business opportunities and to assist in achieving responsibilities in respect of structural integrity and reliability.
• The instigation and management of structural investigations including geotechnical surveys, structural surveys and forensic investigations including the production of technical reports and business justifications.
• The design and/or approval of mast, tower, building, civil and rooftop installations as required by the business including feasibility costing, scheme design, detailed design, specifications, tender evaluation and structural acceptance.
• The fulfilment of the role of Designer, ensuring the provision of safe and economical designs in accordance with the CDM regulations including the production of all relevant documentation associated with the design of projects including calculations, specifications, design drawings and design risk assessments.
• The acceptance and/or sign-off of designs and handover documentation for projects carried out by others on the client’s assets and the updating of structural records.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.