Supervisor x2 – £45,000 – £48,000 per annum (Openreach, Fibre, NRSWA Supervisor)
Building our clients network is the next main focus of the business and it is time to recruit an experienced Supervisor to support the next stage of growth. Reporting into the Project Manager, the Supervisor’s role is to ensure that the works are completed in accordance with all relevant specifications (e.g. Openreach, PIA, NRSWA etc).
• Supporting Project Managers in large scale telecoms projects deploying FTTH
• Carrying out inspections of the civils, fibre, PIA activities by the build contractor.
• An on-site presence with daily face to face contact with the contractor to build a collaborative relationship.
• Instructing searches for defects and notifying defects to the Project Manager and Contractor.
• Ensure compliance with the Works Information at all times and regularly check with the PM that all information is up to date and relevant.
• Daily communication with the Project Manager notifying of any defects that might prevent a completion certificate being issued against the activities schedule.
• Witnessing and/carrying out the tests and reporting any failures to the Project Manager.
• Keep a live log of the defects that have been notified but not corrected.
• Regular reporting to the Project Manager about the progress of work on site.
• Report to the Project Manager if a defect is going to withhold completion.
• Issue defect certificate to the Project Manager and contractor.
• Attend Risk Reduction meetings with the PM and contractor on a regular basis.
• Keep daily records of site diaries, records of contractor’s resources, keep an eye on stock levels of key apparatus, photographs, contractors progress and weather records.
• Ensuring all post installation/as built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
Core skills required:
• Previous experience in supporting Project Managers in large scale telecoms projects deploying FTTH is essential
• Experience demonstrating collaborative teamwork to consistently deliver projects on time and to budget
• Experience in street works working environment and an in-depth knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
• Must have a valid NRSWA Supervisor qualification
• Experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• In depth knowledge of the Openreach Network is essential.
• Ability to read SLD and plans.
• Full Driving License that permits you to drive a vehicle in the UK