Information, Accreditation & Advisory – 12 Month contract – Inside IR35
Within the wider Data & Information Governance and Policy team. This role will focus on managing and leading a team and providing guidance and direction in Information Accreditation and advisory.
• Manage a team delivering Information Assurance services for client staff and external contractors.
• Support senior management in the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service deputising where appropriate.
• Manage projects, resources, programmes, planning activity or campaigns to ensure work is completed within agreed timescales/budgets and quality standards, in line with client policy.
• Manage and oversee production of Risk Management Accreditation Documents (RMADS) for the clients classified IT systems in accordance with the Client Accreditation regime.
• Provide advice and support to team members with regards to HMG Information Assurance issues.
• Manage the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information and develop policy, reports and procedures and manage data systems across business areas.
• Develop and build internal and external partner relations working collaboratively to foster good relations.
• Work with government departments and attend working groups, government committees/ meetings (as required).
• Manage the quality of service delivery, business and supplier performance, to ensure continuous improvement in service standards
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Active SC clearance
• In depth knowledge of the HMG Accreditation and Compliance regime.
• Knowledge of ISO27001 and HMG Information Standards and Good Practice Guides
• Appreciation of policies and procedures in relation to security practice.
• Good understanding of information management.
• Interpersonal skills/customer service skills.
• Planning and organisational skills.
• Information technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Drafting/report writing skills.
• Risk management.
• Analytical skills.
• Experience working in an Information Security or Information Assurance team.
• Experience of managing projects and workload planning and reporting.
• Proven experience of supervision or first line management.
• Experienced in effective decision making.
• Experience of analysing information from a range of sources.
• Introduction to Information Security course.
• DPA and FOI training.
• Trained in Project/Programme management or equivalent.
• Accreditation Concepts course.
• Internal Auditors course.
• Lead Auditors course.
• ITPC Accreditor path.