Telecoms Power Engineer – London – Permanent – £30,000 – £60,000
Our clients network covers over 6500 sites across five countries in Africa and is constantly expanding. The Product and Applications Engineer is responsible for providing the technical support to enable Projects, Operations and Performance Engineering teams to operate safely and efficiently with the existing power equipment and the introduction of new power products into the network as it grows. You will mentored to be a technical lead on electrical design, assisting the sales & marketing on the power design for new telecom roll outs and the supply chain team for the selection of new suppliers. The right person will be offered full training and will need to be open for international travel.
• Standby DC power assets including rectifier and batteries.
• Site power generation including solar and diesel generators.
• Improve site energy efficiency
• Electrical AC and DC site design
• Controller configuration files
• Field Operating Procedures and Product Information bulletins
• Product Specification, Statement of Conformance and RFQ documentation
• Technical due diligence on suppliers and acquisitions
• Evaluate cost benefits of new technologies for business cases
• New product trials and initial product roll outs
• Technical support for Performance Engineering
• Third level technical support to field operations
• Engage suppliers for technical product support and new product developments
• HND/Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or another relevant subject
• Available for Travel internationally for up to 25% of the year