|Job Title:||Test Lead|
Our client are looking for a Test Lead to join their team, working on a National Infrastructure Project on the UK Highways Network. An exceptionally exciting project worth over £500million.
• To co-ordinate test activities across of the technology areas
• To assess and develop test activities with the technology leads to support the development and delivery of project solution
• To manage and maintain the Permanent Test Environment (PTE)
• To manage tests activites and resource (TE and ATE)
• To mentor/coach junior members of the test team
• To continually assess, enhance and develop the PTE
• To set up, manage and maintain the Test Tracking Tool (Bugzilla)
• To set up, manage and maintain the test management tool Rational Quality Manager (RQM), including linkage to requirements using DOORS
• To provide an independent test and verification function, acting as the Customer to ensure end to end compliance/assurance across the solution
• To assist in the management and maintenance of the Permanent Test Network (PTN)
• To maintain a register of test tools, applications and hardware used for the PTN and the PTE
• The production of PTN and PTE rules and usage guidelines
• The development and generation of test procedures and processes (aligned with Promapp, UCM, OpenTEXT, Rational Quality Manager, and DOORS- DNG)
• The management and maintenance of the technology systems in the PTN and PTE
• The development and maintenance of test documentation
• Testing of new applications and system upgrades
• Training and Knowledge transfer as required to internal and external staff for systems relating to the PTN and PTE
• Provide engineering support to the Test Manager and the wider engineering team as required
• Previous experience of providing hardware and software support within an operational environment
• Previous experience of providing application support within an operational environment
• Previous experience of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test specifications
• Previous experience of executing software and hardware test
• Previous experience building and installing IT infrastructure
• Previous experience Rational Quality Manager
• Previous experience DOORS
• Previous experience mentering/coaching
• Detailed understanding of IT Infrastructure (Hardware and Software)
• IT literate (proficient in the use windows applications and platforms)
• Detailed of understanding of end to end applications in terms of protocols and ports
• Understand of test tools and applications
• Good understanding of testing practices and test techniques
• Good understanding Rational Quality Manager
• Good understanding DOORS
• Good co-ordination, facilitation, communication skills
• Experience of delivering Witness Testing sessions
• Good experience of life cycle Test Phases
• Good understanding Operation support system (OSS) including Solarwinds, Netcool, Tmip, Remedy, Alerting & Monitoring, NFT
• Detailed understanding of requirement mapping to test case identification
• Good understanding Security
• Understanding Virtualization
• Understanding wireless
• Previous experience of managing staff
• Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
• Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
• Able to relate to end users, developers, and other team members.
• Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
• Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
• First Degree or HND/HNC in Applied Computing, Engineering or IT related subject or relevant experience.
• ISTQB foundation or relevant experience
• Minimum 2-3 years continued use of Rational Quality Manager or other Test Management tool
• Minimum 2-3 years continued use of DOORS or other requirements tool
• ISTQB Advanced Level Technical test, OR
• ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analysis, OR
• BCS Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.